Automated tasks make repetitive tasks seem effortless by systematizing your workflow. Sound complex? Basically it's just a predefined list of Tasks and Subtasks you can quickly add to any Listing or Transaction (e.g. get paperwork, order photos, install listing sign, etc).
It's a great way to ensure you never miss a step along your busy schedule.
- In the sidebar, click on Settings
- Click Automated Tasks
- Add or edit an Automated Task by clicking on it
- The process is identical to adding a Task except there is no due date or delegate
Relative Due Dates
Sometimes you may want to setup an Automated Task (or Subtask) for a certain amount of time before or after an event. For example, you may always want to "pick up keys" 1 day before Possession or you may want to send out a followup letter 3 months after Completion. In Reach, you can easily set up Automated Tasks with Due Dates that will get automatically assigned based on the date of the item the Task is linked to.
When editing an Automated Task:
- Check the Initial Due Date checkbox
- Specify the number of Days
- Specify whether the number of days is Before or After the target event
- Specify the event as one of the following: List Date, List Expiry, Subject Removal, Completion, or Possession
Relative Due Dates do not automatically update. If the underlying date that was used for calculation changes, the Task's due date must be manually changed.
You can create as many Automated Tasks as you want. We suggest naming them effectively so that you remember how and when to use each one.